Friday, May 13, 2011

White Bean and Pork Toss

I have to admit right from the start that I love the name of this dish. I'm so hilarious.


I've been on a health kick lately- trying to not "treat" myself as much which can be hard when you like to bake as much as I do. But I've always eaten pretty healthy so it's just been a matter of focusing on all those delicious savory dishes I do and then forget about almost immediately. That's why I started this blog in the first place! Well it's been a really fun adventure thus far. I've had some crazy delicious food this week that has kept me pretty giddy about this "diet" I'm on.


This dish came about from leftovers. Personally, if I'm going to caramelize onions for a recipe, I'm always going to make extra which is exactly what I did last week. I shredded up a leftover pork chop, opened a can of which beans and chopped some marinated olives and finished off a bag of sun dried tomatoes (that have been lingering in the fridge since... i wanna say last summer when my mom bought them? don't judge..). I even had some leftover shallot dressing and all that combined with caramelized onions was just off-the-charts delicious. I thought I would want it slightly re-heated for lunch, but it was awesome cold, straight out of the fridge.Go try it and I promise you won't regret it!



White Bean and Pork Toss with Shallot Dressing
Serves 2
  • 1 16oz can white beans
  • 1 pork chop, cooked
  • 1 onion, caramelized
  • 8-10 sun dried tomatoes
  • 8-10 green olives, marinated
Shallot Dressing:
  • 1/4 cup minced shallots
  • 3 tbls balsamic vinegar
  • 3 tbls olive oil
  • 1 tbls dijon mustard
  • salt & pepper
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously.

For the salad: shred the pork chop, rinse and drain the white beans and chop the olives and sun dried tomatoes. Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and add half the dressing. Taste the salad and add more dressing if necessary.

Keeps for a few days in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment