Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mini Nut Wreaths


Last year I made a nut wreath for my front door. Then I made one for my Secret Santa recipient. See, I worked for a historic site that has a squirrel as a mascot. I thought I was being terribly clever. This year I couldn't wait to pull out the wreath again and when I did I thought that it would be fun to have some mini-wreaths to decorate the indoors. 



They are the perfect size for pillar candles. And any unused nuts make for a great seasonal and decorative but bowl- Just add a nut cracker and an empty bowl for people to discard the shells.


And if you want to get extra merry- add some fake berries!



Mini Nut Wreaths
  • Nuts! Almonds, Walnuts, Hazelnuts and Brazil Nuts
  • Mini-wreath ($1.99 at Micheal's)
  • Hot glue gun and glue
  • Branch of fake berries ($1.99 at Micheal's) 
  • Pliers
  • Pillar candle
Place you pillar candle in the middle of the wreath to make sure it fits once all the nuts have been added. Use your hot glue gun to add the nuts.Work in sections, beginning with the walnuts and brazil nuts, filling in with the hazelnuts and almonds. Once you've made it all the way around, you can begin adding the fake berries. Use the pliers to clip the berry sprigs off of the branch. It helps to periodically place the wreath on a dinning room table and sit down to see if there are any big open spots- I had to adjust my nuts and berries to fill in the bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment