Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Dark Knight

I was so ready to write a movie related post last week and I'm glad I didn't because something totally huge happened on Thursday. I went with my work colleague Colin and some of his friends to see the Dark Knight in my local theatre (which is actually the ornate, red one in "Notting Hill") and waiting in line to buy some beers and popcorn is Claire Danes. HELL YEAH. After over a YEAR of trying, I have FINALLY had a celebrity encounter!!! I think this means I can officially move back to the States. So the first thing I do is get freakishly close to Colin's friend to whisper to her that "omg Claire Danes is behind me"- and she tells her boyfriend who's all like: NO it's not- blah blah blah. Then two girls walk up to Claire Danes and ask to take their picture with her and I'm all: *giant grin across my face signifying "I told you so"*. So we get into the theatre and her posse sits right next to us and I'm 2 seats away from Claire Danes. And her French boyfriend has to walk over me to get to his girlfriend, Claire Danes. And then the movie starts and I can't pay attention because whenever batman cracks a joke I'm all: "omg Claire Danes is laughing". Also I'm pretty sure that the woman sitting behind me and the Claire Danes posse was eating a bag of Styrofoam chips. So all in all I really don't know what I thought of the new batman flick although my initial reaction has been: Claire Danes frequents Notting Hill.

4 comments:

  1. YEAH WELL I SAW BRADFORD COX OF ATLAS SOUND/DEER HUNTER AND VICTOR WILLIAMS OF THE KING OF QUEENS IN TWO DAYS SUCK ON THAT

    AND I SAW MICHAEL WARREN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bradford who? King of huh? does not compute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Cindy Crawford when we were in NYC but the prince of pretense won't let it stand as a "star sighting" because there was no proof..He can count his "star sightings" but I can't count mine, not fair....this prince of pretense makes up his own rules...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know what kind of "proof" this prince of pretense even has! I think your sighting sounds just as legit as his...

    ReplyDelete